Good Samaritans today come in many forms. It all started with a story first told over 2,000 years ago…
Every program we support gives practical meaning to the term ‘being neighbour.’ This could mean providing a regular meal, a warm place to sleep or a chance for education.
Meet some of the people assisted through Good Samaritan programs!
Areas of Ministry
Our Program Impact
In 2021 our programs will reach over one thousand women, children and families through thirteen programs spanning four countries. This includes –
- 600 families provided with a regular meal or food pack from the Good Samaritan Outreach Centre, Bacolod, the Philippines.
- Over 120 students receiving scholarships in Railaco, Timor Leste.
- More than 1,000 bed nights at Good Samaritan Inn, Melbourne for women fleeing family violence
- Over 50 refugee and asylum seekers provided with support for their essential medical needs.
We are grateful to you, our donors and supporters who make our work possible.
100% of your donation will go to those in need.
Good Samaritan News
- Being faithful to the Gospel comes at a cost but regaining the respect of others in the public sphere should never be the end game, writes Sister Patty Fawkner SGS.
- The Parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke’s Gospel specifically opens our eyes to the experience of humanity from the perspective of compassion, calling us to action, writes Heather MacKenzie.
- Christmas greetings from the Good Sams ministries!We are sincerely grateful for your generous gifts and prayers, which make it possible to continue the life-giving work of supporting ministries in Australia, the Philippines, Kiribati and Timor-Leste. We hope you enjoy this snapshot of how Christmas will be celebrated in some of the ministries supported by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan Foundation.
- Bacolod Christmas 2021Good Samaritan Sisters in the Philippines (with the help of local women they serve) have made a short video to give you a glimpse of what the children are hoping for this Christmas! View here – we hope you enjoy it!