Good Samaritans today come in many forms. It all started with a story first told over 2,000 years ago…
Every program we support gives practical meaning to the term ‘being neighbour.’ This could mean providing a regular meal, a warm place to sleep or a chance for education.
Meet some of the people assisted through Good Samaritan programs!
Christmas 2022 Appeal
Christmas is coming but for many families in Bacolod, the Philippines, there’s no money for celebrations. We would love to have your help to bring a Christmas meal, food hamper or gift to the children and their families!
Your gift will be delivered with love by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan and their helpers at the Good Samaritan Outreach Centre – and is sure to bring much joy. Thank you for your love and support!
Areas of Ministry
Good Samaritan News
- Timor Leste SGS Scholarship ProgramSr Rita Hayes returned this month to Timor Leste to meet students from the SGS Scholarship Program. They had to contend with a pandemic and a severe flood. “I am in awe of their ambition and their resilience.” Please click the heading above to read Sr Rita Hayes update.
- Creating hope in the PhilippinesThe challenges of Covid, no internet access and no computers would have stopped most students from completing their studies. Read more about our amazing scholarship recipients in Bacolod, the Philippines and the hardships they overcame to complete their schooling.
Our Program Impact
In 2021 our programs will reach over one thousand women, children and families through thirteen programs spanning four countries. This includes –
- 600 families provided with a regular meal or food pack from the Good Samaritan Outreach Centre, Bacolod, the Philippines.
- Over 120 students receiving scholarships in Railaco, Timor Leste.
- More than 1,000 bed nights at Good Samaritan Inn, Melbourne for women fleeing family violence
- Over 50 refugee and asylum seekers provided with support for their essential medical needs.
We are grateful to you, our donors and supporters who make our work possible. 100% of your donation will go to those in need.
Skills to Feed a Village
Our Livelihood Assistance program was developed to provide women with small loans to purchase the equipment needed to start a micro-business, allowing them to support themselves and their families.
Arcely was one of the first participants. Using funds provided through the Good Samaritan Foundation, she bought an oven for her home in Boulevard. Her first step was to bake cupcakes, using a recipe she learnt from Sr Grace.
Arcely then taught her five children to bake. Her family have now opened their own popular bakery in the village she grew up in. Now she is not only helping her family but is providing sustenance to her wider community in a sustainable (and delicious) way! You can read more about the program here.